Title and Text: “The Harvest is Ready” – Deut. 16:9-12; Acts 2:1-13, 42-47
Questions for Discussion and/or Reflection:
- What place does the celebration of Pentecost have in your church?—in your life? What is Pentecost’s significance for you?
- Review the two biblical passages. What areas of correspondence do you see between the Festival of Weeks and the Day of Pentecost?
- How do you express your gratitude for God’s provision, both materially and spiritually, for your life? Do these texts offer any ideas?
- Those who have encountered God’s provision live generously toward others, seen in the OT gleaning laws and the practice of the early church. What are some practical ways that your resources (material, intellectual, and spiritual) can help meet the needs of others?
- Pastor Nate challenged us to involvement in God’s harvest through 1) prayer, 2) personal witness, and 3) partnership with others. Which of these do you need to place emphasis on in order to become more active in God’s purposes for the world?