“At the Cross” – Rom. 5:6-8; 1 John 4:9-11; Eph. 5:2; Phil. 2:5-8; 1 Pet. 2:21-24
Questions for Discussion and/or Reflection:
- What is your feeling when you think about the cross?
- What place does the cross (Jesus’ death) have in your life and faith?
- In Rom. 5:6-8 what does Paul say that Jesus’ death reveals about God’s love for us?
- In 1 John 4:9-11 what does John say that Jesus’ death reveals about God’s love for us? What is the relationships between God’s cruciform love for us (vv 9-10) and the call to love each other (v 11)?
- How do Paul (Eph. 5:2, Phil. 2:5-11), Peter, (1 Pet. 2:21-24), and John (1 John 4:11) invite us to follow Jesus’ example? How does the cross relate to this example and the call to follow it?
- On a scale of one to ten (low to high), rate the church in America (generally speaking) on cruciform discipleship and love for others. Why did you give this rating?
- Using the same scale, rate your own cruciform discipleship and love for others. Why did you give this rating? What are you going to do next?